60 Minute Backyard Rink ™
Lay out the components
Your EZ ICE ™ rink will be delivered in one or more shipments. Within these shipments you will find white boards and boxes which include a rolled white liner, red brackets, blue corner connectors, and straps for your rink.
*Please note that the best place to install your rink isn't always the prettiest! It is important to find the flattest area available, even if it is not in the direct center of your yard!
- Lay the white boards around the rectangular perimeter of your rink.
- Place one red bracket at the intersection of each pair of boards, with two at each corner.
- Place one blue corner connector at each corner of the rink.
- Leave the white liner and white and black straps for later.
Clip your rink together
- Most customers find it easiest to begin with one corner of the rink. Make sure the blue corner pieces are flush with the top and bottom of the white boards. If the blue piece sinks into your grass, you can put a puck, rock or piece of cardboard from the packaging underneath to keep it level.
- Make sure the black buckles attached to the red brackets are oriented correctly under the boards. This will make attaching the straps easier.
- Once you connect all the buckles, remove any slack in the straps by pulling on the loose ends near the buckle. You do not need to make it too tight, simply remove the slack.
Fill with water
- Unroll your liner. Then unfold it. This is done most easily with two people.
- Center the liner over the rink area. Do not secure the liner before it is full with water.
- Fill the rink with your hose until every point has at least 3 inches of water to protect the liner. Make sure to never fill your rink with more than 12 inches of water.
- You may tuck the liner into the red brackets behind the boards or use the white repair tape to secure the liner every 10 feet to the boards so it does not blow or flap in the wind.
- Wait for the water to freeze into ice.
- Enjoy your new EZ ICE ™ 60 Minute Backyard Rink ™!